Related sections of this website
- PBIS Practical Functional Behavioural Assessment Training Manual – understand the process for identifying why a behaviour is occurring
- Functional Behavioural Assessment Behaviour Support Plan – a useful planning tool to build a behaviour plan based on functional behavioural assessment. Part of the United States Positive Behavioural Interventions and Support framework, which has been adopted as PB4L School-Wide in New Zealand
- Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports (PBIS) – the US Positive Behavioural Interventions and Support framework which has been adopted in New Zealand
- New Zealand Police Stop Bullying Guidelines for Schools
- The Good Behaviour Game – a classroom approach that rewards children for displaying appropriate on-task behaviours during instructional times
- Tātaiako – outlines cultural competencies required of teachers to help Māori learners achieve
- Te Mangoroa – a website that brings together stories, reports, statistics and reviews of effective practices to support Māori learners
- Wellbeing@School, Collaborative School Leadership module – a New Zealand website for creating safe and caring learning environments.
Ministry of Education
- The Positive Behaviour for Learning School-Wide framework (NZ)
- The Incredible Years – Parent programme provides parents with strategies to promote positive behaviours
- The Incredible Years – Teacher programme provides teachers with strategies to promote positive behaviours
- Autism New Zealand – they deliver the Tilting the Seesaw for Teams professional learning course for people who support students with autism aged 5–12 years
- Bullying prevention and response – a guide for schools
The New Zealand Police School Portal has information about a number of programmes and resources, such as the Kia Kaha Youth Education Programme which provides teaching guides and resources to assist teachers to address bullying, also Doing the Right Thing – a programme that aims to assist students to become responsible citizens who respect others and the law.
There is also information about Police-school partnerships.
- Positive Behaviour Intervention and Support – Classroom management strategies for teachers.
- Teaching resources (Western Australia) – Behaviour and wellbeing portal.