What is involved?
Before you get involved . . .
We encourage you to:
- Watch the PB4L - School-Wide introduction video (below)
- Look at the Wellbeing@school tool and go through the self-review cycle
What commitment do you need to make?
To ensure the long-term success of PB4L School-Wide, your school will need to:
- have improvement of student behaviour and well-being documented as one of your school’s top three priorities
- commit to at least 3–5 years development
- plan to fully implement systems and practices using data to meet all students’ needs.
- All staff need to have filled in the School Readiness Survey (PDF 214KB).
- Invite a person from the Ministry of Education to provide an introductory presentation to your staff so they can complete the survey fully informed.
- Eighty percent or more of your staff need to agree to participate (using the survey).
- Your school’s Principal and Board needs to have signed the agreement contract.
PB4L School-Wide needs a committed team of school and community representatives who lead and guide the school. Once you’ve identified a team, their responsibilities will include:
- developing and using an action and communications plan
- attending Tier 1 training
- sharing information and consulting with all staff, students and the wider school community
- the coach and team leader attending a coach network meeting every month.
The school will have access to a School-Wide practitioner from the Ministry of Education who can train and advise staff throughout the process.
Collaboration is essential to effective implementation of PB4L School-Wide. All staff in your school should have a clear understanding of the purpose of the programme, what will be expected of them, and the steps involved in implementation.